Monday, December 03, 2007

The Joy of Christmas

It was a pretty fun weekend. I love being with family it makes time pass so much faster. Friday we finally used Will's Tuconos coupons. I absolutely love that place!! That is the one place that I can out eat a ton of people. I love it. We received 2 for Will some how and we received one for Jason. Who ever signed him up thanks. (Well Suzanne and Nate thank you.) The Spences and Suzanne and Nate joined us. (Thanks Steph for watching the kids on such short notice.)

Saturday was full of the Joy of Christmas. Suzanne and I made ginger bread for the first time. That was a real experience. After it is all baked you have to cut out your pattern while the ginger bread is still hot. Suzanne and I burned our fingers all for the "Joy of Christmas."

I did not do to well with my house this year. I was tired and just did not have the patience to put together a cool looking house. I asked Will if he liked my house and his response was, "It has a lot of candy." Yeah, Yeah I know it wasn't my best effort. Next year, next year.

Here is Art and Steph. My camera ran out of batteries before I could take any more pictures.

Sunday was the first monthly soup and scones event at my grandparents house (Coombs). All of the food was delicious! What a great idea to bring the family together.

Will thought this picture was funny. That is what our bush looks like in the front yard.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Real Gingerbread! Now you know why I just used Graham crackers for everyone.

Bobbie said...

If you plan on making houses again nest year I'd get a couple pieces of cardstock, stick them together and then laminate them (or use contact paper, we did) for the pattern. That way you won't burn your fingers as easily. I burnt mine a few times baking on Friday.

Holly said...

Hey...at least you made the gingerbread. I probably would have cheated. ;)
Soup and scones sound sooo yummy. My boys love them!

Mickie and Matt said...

Well I am glad i didnt do it i guaranteeeee i wouldnt have had the patience this year for Gingerbread. Probably graham crackers but not Ginger bread.

Maxwell (Mad)House said...

We are glad you did it:) AND we hope you join us again next year! Oh, and I am willing to watch your kids any time, I hope you know that.

Anonymous said...

You could make the gingerbread this year use a chisel to carve them next year. That way you won't burn your fingers. Scones?

Suzanne said...

Man o Man... The Joy of Christmas. After a lot of convincing, i think my house turned out well.